Guess the black stones

Results from second round

Several players came very close, and @harleqin managed to get all 14 stones correct!

Player Score
@harleqin :trophy: 14-0 = 14
@Groin 12-2 = 10
@mark5000 12-2 = 10
@shinuito 11-3 = 8
@claire_yang 11-3 = 8
@Gia 6-8 = -2

Full game here:

Bonus points to @shinuito who correctly identified white as Lee Changho! I remember Yeonwoo said that there’s no way to tell who is playing just from the moves. Well, apparently @shinuito can do it without even seeing the opponent’s stones! What’s next, identifying the black player from only seeing the white stones? :wink:

Round 3

This one is a little harder than the last one. 16 black stones are missing:

Demo board

Feel free to share your guess either as a screenshot here or as a variation in the demo board chat. I’ll stick to the same scoring system for now, for consistency: +1 point for each correctly placed black stone and -1 point for each incorrectly placed black stone.

Note that you do not have to place exactly 16 stones. If you’re pretty certain about 10 of them, but unsure about the remaining 6, you might prefer to aim for a safe 10 points, rather than risking lots of minus points.

I will reveal the real board position 2021-01-09T17:00:00Z. Maybe someone else would like to post a new challenge after that?

7 Likes