Guess the person/ 20 questions

1. No, he has not appeared in any graphic novels, comic books, manga, &c…

So, a book from about the last 70 years that has not been turned into a movie. Are there even any of those left :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well, there’s at least one, I guess. :smiley: And, last 70 years + any time the author lived after publishing, to be precise.

1. Is the title eponymous to a character in the book?
  1. Arguably. Probably no, but you could argue it refers to a character in the book, even though he’s never called it within the text proper.

So, I don’t know, he travels. Possibly around the world, since he is in Europe or the Americas only part of the time. Also, he made a thing, I’m guessing, the very thing he uses to travel, maybe.

Free hints are still on the table if you want them.

Alright, what is the hint.

Most of your last summation is correct, but the thing he made is not what he uses to travel around the world. Also, while I’m at it, his musical ability is really not relevant to his character. That was me making a joke.

I can give a more specific hint if you like.

Uhmmmm, there’s every chance that I have not read or heard about this book.

1 Like

I have two potential hints in mind.

a: the genre of the book
b: a less vague response to question 11.

Feel free to request either or both.

I feel like b combined with some clever Googling may be enough to guess the book even without having read it, so that’s a bigger hint than it seems.

ok, otherwise we’ll be here all day I guess. What is b?

The book has been published under two different titles at different times. The second title is not at all a moniker of a character in the book, but the first title, actually being a quote from an earlier piece by a different writer, can be argued to say something about the main character of the book, or even be referring to him. The first title is quoted from a relatively well-known poem, to be precise.

EDIT: I’m playing around with Google, and I can’t actually find the book with just the information here. If you have any ideas for hints I’m open to suggestions.

Maybe I could say what cultural impact (or lack thereof) the book had?

I’m gonna burn one question.

1. Does it have something to do with the knave of hearts?

Clarification re 12: are you referring to any symbolism associated with that card, or just that card appearing in the book?

appearing in the book

12: No, it does not have anything to do with the Knave of hearts. As for the traditional Tarot meaning, I’m not very well versed in that, but I suppose maybe? I wouldn’t base much on that given how vague Tarot card descriptions are, though.

So that’s how it feels when you’re given a clue you have no clue what it’s for. This is very interesting. I need your expert opinion on something haha.

2 Likes

On what?

If I asked you to imagine something that is old and indestructible, what would be your first thought?