Handicap mentioned in the games history (profile page)

Yes, is why I laughed so hard at my checkboxen suggestion which was mostly tongue-in-cheek but with a tiny seed of truth (i.e. a true, honest wish).

Our coders have my highest respect and I am grateful for everything they do :man_bowing:

1 Like

Let me resume:

Everyone wants the handicap mentioned in the list of games (history). With a slight preference for the H3 format.

For komi there is no consensus yet. We can postpone it and keep open debates.

4 Likes

FYI a new contributor has submitted a PR for this:

5 Likes

its useful in game history of strong bots
instantly seen that loses are vs insane number of handicaps only.

5 Likes

Would anyone mind if we make the ‘0’ a ‘-’ instead?

I find a column full of ‘0’ quite intrusive and distracting.

7 Likes

Right-aligning the text might also make sense for a big column of numbers. (at least in English, not sure about other languages)

And to steal from accounting formatting, maybe using brackets around the numbers if the opponent received the handicap. It would be like positive handicap is my stones and negative handicap is opponent’s stones.

3 Likes

I don’t care too much for parentheses - extra space for information we already have, but right alignment sounds great!

2 Likes

What’s going on in the leftmost column there?

Those are supposed to be player colour indicators:

This at least explains why it’s all white, I think. I guess just different font?

kata was always white
I use random color

I think single digit number of handicap stones should be under the middle of “HC”, not under “H”, it looks weird

1 Like

Oh, phew :slight_smile:

I thought maybe there was a “big bug” there, but now it’s just “hmm, that’s curious?”.

Any ideas why the stone image doesn’t appear for you, as it does for me?

Benjito mentioned “font”, but it’s not obvious to me how that “works”.

Meanwhile, this went in:

1 Like

Could the -'s be right alligned also? Looks weird as is.

Or maybe put the numbers back in the centre, since hc >10 is quite unusual… :thinking:

4 Likes

It’s a deliberate choice. I like them centred :woman_shrugging:

When you have a page of just ‘-’ (as mine :slight_smile: ) they feel much better in the middle than leaning off to th4e side.

It also makes actual numbers easier to spot, because they are “different”.

1 Like

no, numbers are already clear enough. Both of them should be in center. Or it looks like a bug.

3 Likes

I’m happy with this change, but it exacerbates my issue with how narrow this list is…

This is what I see - Plenty of free space on the sides, but OGS does not use it and instead stick to this narrow shape which means I almost can’t see the results anymore…

5 Likes

Dan vs. Mobile UI!

1 Like

Yeah I was originally in favor of right-alignment, but combined with centered dashes it does look “off”.

Also 2 digit games don’t look that much better (I guess the column width is closer to 3 characters than 2)

4 Likes

What if - and 1-9 were centre and 10+ were left aligned? :thinking:

1 Like

The reason why it looks right to be is because it’s a 3 digit column, with numbers right justified, and a dash in the middle when there’s no number. It doesn’t look “off” it looks “right” to me.

But I’m only explaining, not arguing: very happy to push up another change, it’s trivial to do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’d also argue in favor of centered numbers.

I’m not sure I get this - I’m not on mobile?

2 Likes