"has recently timed out of a game" -- uh .. does years ago count?

It this tag that appears on a user profile I believe we are discussing, not just generic timeout tags that appear on games etc.

3 Likes

This isn’t really a “mod” so much as it is a change to the actual website, so the message goes away for everyone. The way it works is:

1. You download the codebase
  2. Make the change and test it on a development server that you run on your computer
  3. Re-upload the code and submit the changes to the maintainer (anoek) for review
1 Like

Well then that’s impressive. Thanks for all users who wants to arrange their profile, hope won’t be misused too.
(I’m not stamped myself btw)

Hmm maybe I’ve explained it badly. The user profile page would change for ALL users so this timeout message wouldn’t show up at all for ANYONE.

Ok I’m not sure but then what you mean that it would be enough to do it once for everyone, and done. No more stamp at all for everyone, whoever using the website? That’s even better. Please do it for everyone, will spare time to developer until they fix the bug for real. Or better the original poster with your help as we don’t have the stamp ourself.

I simply can’t agree that this bug has no consequences. I get a bad impression of someone whose profile says that they cannot be trusted to stay in a game to the end. And I’m sure my permanent profile notice that I am an “escaper” gives others a bad feeling about me. The notice is misleading and to me is a serious bug.

1 Like

You really think this is one of the highest impact bugs on this site? Keep in mind that OGS is a one-man team supported by volunteers.

priority = severity / complexity, and frankly, I don’t think the severity is that high. Otherwise, someone would have stepped up to implement the quick-fix by now. My offer to guide you through the pull request process still stands.

2 Likes

Summary of thread:

@Trevoke
I can see the wrongs that I have done
In this game or the next
My demons will be gone
Thinking through the crimes of my past game
The people that’s been hurt
Wrong thinks that can be right

@OGS_Users
You can be good, free your soul, let it go…

@Trevoke
In my dreams I have seen
The damnation become real
Without love or a heart
No game could ever start
Emptiness is what I find in Home

If I stop and listen for awhile
The words may sound so right
My soul might sill be saved
I can hear them talking to me now
Their voice is far away
Their warmth is always near

@OGS_Users You can be good…

@Trevoke I can be good

@OGS_Users Free your soul…

@Trevoke Can’t free my soul

@OGS_Users Let it go…

@Trevoke Can’t let it go!!

@Trevoke
In my dreams I have seen
The damnation become real
Without love or a heart
No game could ever start
Emptiness is what I find in Home

I can hear them talking to me now
Their voice is far away
Their warmth is always near
I can see the wrongs that I have done
In this game or the next, my demons will be gone

5 Likes

If no-one actually wants to fix it we could just encourage people to hide it themselves, although is that something we want to encourage?

I can only see a way to hide both the site supporter status as well as the timeout message, not either one separately.
Edit: Nevermind I know how to get it to work I think