Hate and like go?

This thread is for discussing things you hate and like about go.These doesn’t really need a picture but it would be great to have one.Please don’t post memes or jokes here or else it is off topic.You might not agree to some things but this is for entertainment perposes only

3 Likes

I like Go because it’s so difficult. That’s also why I hate it.

16 Likes

I don’t like it’s name. If I say “go”, I think of going somewhere. Or a cheer.

8 Likes

Remembers favorite app pole. Go apps was talking about this game, not a cheer about apps. No “Let’s go apps!”

2 Likes

Done @Haze_with_a_Z
I hate go when you lose

1 Like

I meant the game’s name. I was completely fine with this thread’s name. I thought this thread was for complaints about the game and things I like about the game. Not what I like about the thread name or my complaints about the thread name.

1 Like

Better do a few now @Haze_with_a_Z
I like go when I win

1 Like

I hate go when I win because it was always due to the opponent doing something dumb, instead of my cunning plans. I hate go when I lose because it’s usually due to me doing something dumb.

17 Likes

Well for me it is when my opponent lets me win so I think that the opponent doing something dumb against me might be better.

1 Like

I hate go because I nitpick every little thing about my own play and every mistake I make or bad position I get into, especially game-ending ones, make me feel miserable.

I love it when I can control myself and play in a manner that feels like it is using my all and that the mistakes aren’t shameful. Either when I am combating an opponent that is my equal and we are both playing at our limits in an abundantly interesting game, or when I am the clear favorite toying with my opponent, or when I am the small force of troops bravely fighting off the onslaught of a stronger player

11 Likes

I like Go. I hate that I like winning more than I should.

11 Likes

I hate that i like that i hate that i like that i hate that i like that i hate that i like that i hate that i like that i hate that i like that i hate that i like go.

6 Likes

I hate that I can’t move up from a 25k. I also hate the names. My old name/original name was Cool1234567890. I had to change it because some people copied the name. (Cool123456789012, and Ham1234567890) I was accused of have multiple accounts even though it was not me. Someone in real life told me about this so I joined. Anyway, they knew that I wasn’t meant to be banned because they knew I only had one account. I was finally unbanned and I changed my name so I wouldn’t have trouble again. The people’s accounts stayed banned so I was glad of that. I think also that you should just have one account and you should use it, many people have multiple accounts. I have seen tons of accounts that no games have been played on it. You can’t have the same name as someone so a lot of names our token for accounts that don’t have any games. Even though all of that happened I still love to play a lot of go and I am thankful for all the moderators that make this happen by doing reports and banning people if they are trolling or something else that is bad.

I agree but it is the opposite. I lose because of doing a bad move or not noticing something. They win because of my mistake not their plans in the game.

1 Like

I like it when black messes up in a handicap game when I play white. I hate it when I’m black in a handicap game and I mess up.

6 Likes

If you don’t play handicap you won’t have this problem :wink:

7 Likes

Eh, they are sometimes fun.

3 Likes

I hate go because its so frusturating to lose but at the same time its so addictive.

5 Likes

I love go because you should not compromise. I hate go because at some point you have to compromise.

I love go because it’s made of the simplest rules and materials. I hate go because it’s too big to fit in a mobile screen and too inconvenient to carry in your luggage.

8 Likes

Get a goban printed on fabric, and some lightweight plastic stones. You don’t even need bowls, since the stones can be carried in the fabric :smiley:

6 Likes

I recently improved slightly in my games. At the beginning I thought I would always suck at it the same way, but now I suck somewhat less than before. I like that.
Today I should have studied. I spent most of the afternoon on OGS. I don’t like that.
And these last few days I found I’m not very fond of japanese rules. I think chinese rules are fairer, but japanese rules seem to be usually preferred. Please don’t roast me for that.

2 Likes