Have you tried One Color Go, how did it go?

This can be done by changing the appearance of both players’ stones to “plain” and making both colors match.

4 Likes

I go first:
I’ve tried several times in 9x9 games, but I can’t keep up my strength after the middle game.

Most of the time I’ve done it in unranked games, without my opponent knowing what I’m doing. Hehe

1 Like

Sometimes I try it, to make the games more interesting.
In 9x9s I usually have no problem remembering the whole game and I think I play superimposable to normal games (but I have to distract myself less, especially if my opponent is weaker).
In 19x19s I sometimes get confused, but not always. It depends a lot on what has been played. The more I’m used to those sequences, the easier it is to remember them. I try to play easy things.
I think I am strong (for my level) compared to games with 2 colours. But I’m not unbeatable of course

4 Likes

I played once, within my first 20 games since finding out about Go haha, results are expected…

3 Likes

Actually, scratch that… I made a living group… I would say that’s unexpected looking back :rofl:

2 Likes

I have played one-color go a few times (IRL on 19x19, for fun). One time even one-color rengo, but I think that game was not completed.
IIRC the players’ levels were from close to dan to high dan, so they were generally able to remember how the game went. Still, it would be difficult if the game went to scoring.

4 Likes

No, I never tried one color go. Two color go is already difficult enough for me.
:smiley:

3 Likes

Just on the same floor with you :sweat_smile:

1 Like