Historic games archive - SGF

Is there a good source of games through the ages? I have found this, wondering if there are other ones I could check out.

Cheers!

In ā€œother resourcesā€, you ll find many more suggestions to explore Especially if you want commentaries coming with.

Thanks, am specifically looking for 1600 to 1900. Will go check that outā€¦

Waltheri is more pattern based?

You can easely access any game ther, it s 75000 games database behind. There are more database online which are similar like gobase, gogodā€¦
Old commented games come more in books or videos.

Thatā€™s great, thanks. I see that gobase has date based search, which should allow me to get a long way - however it looks like you need to subscribe. Given this is a one-off, I will look for free resources firstā€¦

I donā€™t need commentary, but ideally good representations of ā€˜honteā€™ style at each in a sequence of periods (for separate study).

On gobase you ll have to register and pay (well itā€™s long time i didnā€™t go so need to check)

Ah yes - Waltheri allows date based search - and it goes back pre-1700!

Thatā€™s very cool. Have always liked that site, now like it even more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just remember to double-check the results from Waltheri for games before modern komi (games before 1980s in general), it sometimes puts the wrong results.

3 Likes