History of the English pigs oppressing the Northern haggis-eating, caber-tossers (A Discussion)

AMERICA RULES THE WORLD!
IN AMERICA!
(sorry, humorous reference)

1 Like

Let me take this opportunity to raise another contentious question among this impromptu gathering from across the Commonwealth

Do you put the milk in before or after the tea?

3 Likes

I make my tea with tea bags (I know, shun), and I find if I put the milk in first the tea doesn’t infuse as well, so I typically go tea bag > boiling water > milk

If I were making loose leaf tea in a pot, I’m not sure what difference it would make if the milk or the tea went into the cup first?

1 Like

Sigh, how can you even call yourself a loyal subject of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II

3 Likes

To be fair, I live on an island populated by her criminals and lowest peasants…

This is how I would make “proper tea” BTW :wink:

5 Likes

If the milk goes in first it’s a sign you clean your own cups with all the implications that brings.

Whether you are MIF or MIL I don’t think really matters in practice as long as you don’t mix the two…

2 Likes
3 Likes

I watched that again today too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Arguably England “owned” Scotland from 1292 to 1314 - John Balliol held Scotland as the feudal subject of King Edward I until deposed after a rebellion in 1296, then the Wars of Independence culminating in Bannockburn 1314. King Henry VIII tried to subdue Scotland in the period after Flodden, all that unpleasantness finally ended with the Union of the Crowns 1603. King James (VI of Scotland, I of England) immediately moved to London - end of.

4 Likes