Horizontal Scroll Bar showing under 'Active Games' list

This is a very minor visual bug: On the ‘Home’ page, under the ‘Active Games’ list, the Horizontal scroll bar is visible even when the list is nowhere near overflowing. I am using Google Chrome, on a wide screen, with only 2 active games and still the horizontal scrollbar is active. It can only be scrolled about one pixel. This issue does not happen on the Play Go at online-go.com! | OGS page.

The horizontal scroll bar seems to disappear when the “.GameList” CSS rule “overflow-x: auto” is removed.

2 Likes

Any chance we could please have a screen shot? Just so we’re all on the same page :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well, that is quite absurd isn’t it :sweat_smile: yes, clearly a bug, thanks for the report :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

https://github.com/online-go/online-go.com/blame/8a8d763db1ecc71465d31ac69eac2836932c4a00/src/components/GameList/GameList.styl#L20

Thar be the source if you’re interested in taking a look. Looks like that line was added in some mobile improvements, so important to make sure nothing breaks on small/narrow viewports…

2 Likes

Indeed I do have a few pixels of horizontal scrolling on my device as well. But tbh I’m not sure I need/want it. The boards seem to fit comfortably on the page without scroll. (I think my screen is like 5.5" or so)

Neither my phone nor my computer has the scroll bar :man_shrugging:

It appears this is caused by the combination of 2 conditions:

1. the presence of a 13x13 board (possibly any non-19x19 board)
  2. having too few games to wrap to the 2nd line. when there are enough games to begin a 2nd row, the scrollbar disappears regardless of the board sizes.

The canvas element of the 13x13 board has a width of 312px while the 19x19’s canvas element has a width of 304px. So the smaller board actually has a wider canvas element, but I’m guessing they are supposed to be equal? If so, this is probably the root cause of the issue.

1 Like

Thanks. That CSS rule should be fine, the issue seems to be caused by underlying canvas elements having non-uniform width. The width seems to be calculated by javascript so I’m currently looking at

Looks like you guys fixed it already :smile: thanks!

by the way, this horizontal scroll bug still not fixed

1 Like

Oh good find! I wonder why that is.

Hmm… I didn’t see any fixes go in. Did you end your 13x13 games?

:sweat_smile: now im just confused, i swear last night i logged in and the scroll bar was gone, but now its back again. maybe its time lay off the drugs.

2 Likes