How can I disable chat and opponents picture/icon

How can I disable chat and opponents profile picture/icon?

To hide the chat, you can simply switch to the Malkovich log tab right above the chat.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to hide the opponents profile picture that I know of. If you are technically inclined enough, you can resort to user stylesheets (with extensions like Stylish).

2 Likes

Hello @Gozira,

1. You can mute the chat for anybody:
  • click their nickname, then you get a few icons:
  • click the “Moderation Controls” icon:
  • there you get these options:

In case there is abuse/offensive talk in the chat, or if their avatar image is offensive, we’d prefer if you’d report them to a moderator and (if necessary) explain. We want everybody to have an enjoyable time on OGS.

1 Like

thank you. I was asking because this chat keeps refreshing and it’s a bit annoying.

1 Like

OIC, then it’s probably really better just to switch to the Malkovich Log, as @KurtCobain suggests, muting may be a bit harsh if the opponent hasn’t done anything wrong.

And BTW, what exactly do you mean by “keeps refreshing”?

1 Like

Hello!

I’m using adblock to block avatars I don’t want to see.
(They aren’t offensive, they’re just distracting.)

Switching to Malkovich log is currently the best thing to hide chat. I’m not sure what do you mean by “keeps refreshing”, so I don’t know if this solves your problem.

Cheers!

2 Likes

7 Likes

elegant and very analogue :slight_smile:

Actually, closing the whole right side would be nice.

I’m not sure what do you mean by “keeps refreshing”, so I don’t know if this solves your problem.

This whole right side panel gets refreshed because the “X to move” message.

1 Like