How can I switch to Traditional (Taiwan/HongKong) Chinese?

I have translated the Traditional (Taiwan) Chinese [zh_TW.po], how can it add this language to OGS? is it need to modify the source code via github or anything I can do?

4 Likes

I believe you do it here

https://translate.online-go.com/

I have done that – zh_TW.po, but when will the new translation includes into online-go.com ?

2 Likes

When they have been reviewed by @anoek (he is currently asleep)

2 Likes

oic, thx

2 Likes

thank you for your contribution :slight_smile: I’m sure they will be up soon, or else anoek will reach out to you if further clarification on any matters is required :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am actually from Hongkong, since we are suffering from the CONVIR-19. During this period, students need to stay at home, and some of them request me to help them translate it into Traditional Chinese, so that they can use it more easily. If it is possible to speed up the process is appreciated. Since I don’t know Go too much, so some translations may be not very good and it may still need fine tunings or corrections. Should you need any help I am welcome to do that.

7 Likes

well it is the weekend and anoek doesn’t normally do too much work on the weekend as he also has a family but I am sure it will be available as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of your effort etensifor! I have to step away from the computer for now, but I’ll make sure everything is pulled in and updated first thing tomorrow.

5 Likes

@etensifor is

漢語

how I should refer to traditional chinese?

2 Likes

@anoek 繁體中文 would be better. And perhaps then 中文 can be changed to 简体中文

5 Likes

“zh-cn” is normally mapped to “简体中文”, which means “Simplified Chinese”
“zh-hk”,“zh-tw” are normally mapped to “繁體中文”, which means the “Traditional Chinese”

In Google translate you will see “Chinese (Simplified)” and “Chinese (Traditional)” for these two languages, so you may also use the following format, “中文(简体)” for zh-cn, “中文(繁體)” for zh-tw/zh-hk.

hk and tw use almost the same set of Chinese characters, except hk may contains some special characters. But I think these characters will not be used in OGS. So TW and HK can be grouped into “Chinese (Traditional)” / “中文(繁體)”

But never mind that if you want to split it into hk & tw, I will maintain both of them, until there is person from Taiwan to take over it. Since I am not sure some terms’ call may be different in Taiwan.
(same message also post to github)

5 Likes

Thanks for your work @etensifor! Your translations are live. It should automatically detect and display the correct language. Thanks once again! I’m very happy to finally have a Traditional Chinese translation.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, and thanks for your whole team’s work actually to create a wonderful, easy to use, user friendly and free Go Game platform for the world’s Go Game lovers.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.