How do you pre-move? [Resolved]

I am currently playing a correspondence game where my opponent seemingly can predict my moves and has pre-moved against them. I want to try it too. How do I do it? Wherever it is doesn’t seem obvious but I would like to, once again, be proven wrong.

2 Likes

Found it. Sorry.

2 Likes

For anyone else who may come across this question, the answer is the button on the game page “Plan conditional moves”

This can be found under chat on tall devices (mobile phones) or from the drawer on the right hand side for wide devices (tablets and computers)

More details in the documentation.

6 Likes

The nicest thing about this is that you can send variations right to conditional moves :slight_smile:

I use that relatively often but have also had situations where this was a mistake, namely when I didn’t read enough and thus my cond. moves were BLUNDERS :smiley:

3 Likes

The thing that confused me was that the option suddenly becomes invisible (on mobile) as soon as you enter analysis mode. I thought you have to enter analysis mode, then do your premoves.

But no. The option is only there when watching the latest move. It’s probably logical.

1 Like

It’s only available when it’s the opponent’s turn to move.

When it’s their turn and you’re doing analysis, the button is moved to the Analysis toolbar:

2 Likes

Ah ok. Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes