How to go to the first unread post

In other forums I use, if I click on the name of the topic or thread, it goes to the beginning. There’s also a little button to go to the first unread, which is more useful if I’ve already read most of the posts. Is there such a thing on OGS forum? And if not, could it be added? Thanks.

1 Like

If you click on the title of a topic in the topics list, you should be right at the first unread post. That at least is how the forum works for me. If you haven’t read any post in the topic, this obvious will be the first post :wink:

If you are in the topic, clicking on the title will bring you to the first post. (you can use the Pos1 and End keys on your keyboard to jump to the top/bottom)

If you haven’t read a long topic to the end, there is also a back button on the scroll bar to jump back to the last read post

The forums software used here is discourse btw.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. I had just clicked on a topic I hadn’t read before, and it took me to the first post, which is what reminded me. I’m still finding my way around this forum, as it’s not the same format as most of the other ones in which I participate.

If you are new, you might be interested in the forum tutorials.

Thanks, I will check that out.