How to search for a player?

Hi,

I found it quite difficult to challenge my friend that I introduced to go. He created an account, but I couldn’t find how to just search for his username to friend him or challenge him. I kind of hacked it by telling him to join a specific group and going from there, but is there no easy way to simply search for a player’s username?

3 Likes

It’s the first option on the hamburger menu in the top left.

You can type the user name and then click on it when it appears on the list.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

that’s the most popular question on OGS

5 Likes

That’s why it’s in the frequently asked questions.

4 Likes

I think if you can find the documentation link, where the FAQ is, you’ve probably already found the search bar though :slight_smile:

So the FAQ won’t be helpful for that, unless the link is in a more prominent place.

Still useful to point to here on the forums and elsewhere though.

9 Likes

It’s pinned to the top first time you come to the forums.

3 Likes

If it were a forum-specific FAQ, I could see how that is discoverable, but if the question is “how do I find a player?”, Forums would be pretty low on the list of places I check.

4 Likes

Indeed and I can’t resist linking this thread…

5 Likes

Yeah, I guess my brain was just used to lichess where you click Players and there’s a search icon. I guess for some reason “search” on it’s own didn’t make the association to search for players in my brain. You probably don’t have bad design, it’s probably just me!

3 Likes

That’s been proven wrong even before you stated it! :grinning:

2 Likes

Go the the menu of the top left corner which is three horizontal lines, then in the search bar, search what player you want to find.