Hypothetical question: How bad does Russia have to behave before OGS blocks Russian flags?

We just had another day of Russia dropping bombs on civilian targets, killing thousands of more lives.

I’m just curious … what more evil do they need to do to have OGS block the use of the Russian flag? Death camps? Nuclear bombs?

Or no matter what they do, OGS should still allow users to proudly display their flag here?

Not trying to stir the pot … just trying to determine what the line is or if there is a line.

thanks

There have been enough threads and the distinction between Russia, it’s people and the meaning of flags so I don’t see the need to get into this again.

6 Likes

We haven’t blocked the German flag or the Japanese flag, so I guess “Russia” needs to be worse than WWII

This has been said numerous times before and repeating the question won’t change the anwser.

1. National flags on OGS are just a symbol of nationality and/or language. It doesn’t mean that those users officially represent that country.
  2. The Russian flag is not considered a symbol in support of Putin’s war.

If, at some point in the future, events would lead to a situation where the international community largely agrees that the Russian flag has become a hate symbol that should be banned, I expect OGS would adhere to such an international consensus.

4 Likes