I continuosly keep losing games because of timeout, because it is not giving me warning

There is no beeping letting me no when my tome is getting low or a countdown at 10 seconds. It use, to do this, but in the past about 5days I’ve losses like 8 games because of this! I even made a new account because of this!

Have you checked your Game and Notification Preferences? Sometimes the cookies these are stored in can be corrupted … not sure, though, whether this is the reason, just an idea.

Maybe related and/or of interest, this Uservoice entry: Visual Countdown for byo-yomi

So, we’ll all see this soon.

HTH, Tom

2 Likes

What game notification preferences is affecting the countdown (or lack thereof)?, I cannot see any that should…

edit1:
However, my personal experience is this matter is that sound quite often fails… as in suddenly sound stops playing on the site completely…

also, i want to remember a nice counting, but at least for over a year now, i only get a “tic” that … is not even reliable to come…

As i’ve been watching another player having similar issues i also noted that the current visual countdown (at the side) did not count down, but just went --.-- => timeout after the correct time… This indicates that this not neccessarily is a sound issue, but an issue in how the server handles time etc… and if this is not fixed at the same time, will the visual aid above result in the same issues…

after all, any type of aid, if you start rely on them, then they need to be there all the time, not just occasionally…

edit2:
Refreshing the page usually helps, but… that wastes time, and its not neccesarily so you got any (playing blitz etc)…

edit3:
When i checked webpage code, i noticed the voice is there, and is loaded on (all?) the pages… how do i tell it to play those instead of “tic” ?