I made an OGS stats page

I made a page to get game list with potential filters so I can see my students history more easily and concised. I also added a view for time spent per move. I can add more filters later so suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Nice start.

I think it would be more elegant if you show that you are waiting for results rather than “no results” while you are waiting for results…

1 Like

This is a really nice tool.

Even just the time / move view is something that people have been asking for since a year ago.

Awesome!

3 Likes

Done. I should have done that sooner.

2 Likes

Thank you for your hard work, this is be a great benefit to many people :heart: it’s a shame we couldnt develop these tools and features on the main site, but at least they exist somewhere now :heart:

5 Likes

Hmm - what do you mean “we couldn’t”. Actually, we could - we decided not to, which is different :wink:

You could have though, as could Clossius - I wonder why this is a separate site and not integrated with OGS client?

2 Likes

Time per move analysis seems to be pretty important for high level players. When I introduce OGS to friends I usually receive complain that you can’t see time per move history in game review/playback.

Didn’t know OGS does keep that information, is it just not displayed? Maybe I’ll try to make PR for displaying that :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

If you’re serious about a PR, you might want to check out online-go.com/GameTimings.tsx at 29b7a1160d6634fa66c9fa0f3b93d201f7ee8b79 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub

Probably has some code you can make use of :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found a zero kyu

3 Likes

Probably rounding?

I doff my hat to you good sir, but for bonus points how doable would a time-per-move graph be? I reckon it’d visually summarize the data well; relative player speed and peaks/troughs would leap right off the monitor at a glance.

1 Like

Like… this?

4 Likes

Fancy schmancy! What is that tool?

2 Likes

That looks awesome, let’s do that!

3 Likes

Where is this?

Where else but e.g. (random game)

6 Likes

The chess folks get all the goodies :sob:

4 Likes

When I saw that graph I thought ‘huh… expected more time-per-move in the opening’. I see why now!

2 Likes

Where else but e.g. (random game)

Good job avoiding Gia’s jar.

4 Likes

All corr games have time 0.00m*

Would be cool to have more than 500 games listed ^^