I think I need my rank lowered

I think I set a wrong rank when signing up for the site. I probably should have put about 24kyu, though maybe ±1. Instead I put 21kyu based on having read about Go for a few weeks and playing a few bots. If it seems appropriate to lower my rank please do so, if not thanks for looking in to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think your rank is just fine :wink: Thanks a lot for reporting it though! Enjoy the site!

1 Like

Ok thanks for looking in to it, I was just worried I was giving players the wrong perception. Have a good day!

2 Likes

don’t be too self conscious, friend! at times it can seem like your rank may be off, but that’s mostly because the beginner ranks (pretty much from 20-30k) have a lot of overlap, and are harder to finitely separate than later ranks, since different new players will develop skills in different parts of the game at different times.

Looking over your games, you don’t need to worry! No one can accuse you of being dishonest.

2 Likes

Kitten took the words out of my mouth. In fact, there’s some servers that don’t even display ranks below a certain level for that very reason. You’ll notice things smoothing out a bit at about 17-18k, and by the time you’re up in the mid teens, it’ll be fairly accurate.

1 Like

I think my rank is fully wrong too… It got created when I created my account, but I’m a full on noob. Is there anyway to adjust it to be at a least accurate?
I’ve only played a couple of games and been doing app based puzzles for a couple of months.

I set you to 25k, it should be more accurate. Enjoy!

1 Like

Same here. I think i should 23 or 22k most. not 16k.

You just have to put up with losing your first few games to more experienced players, as every beginner currently does.

That will fix your rank.

If interested why, see here: I think the 13k default rank is doing harm

I suggest playing quite a few live ranked 9x9. It’s a quick way to roughly settle your rank. Also the smaller board gives a better chance of victory against the odds so still interesting and educational along the way.

At your current rank you can still create custom games aimed at ~22k eg (25k to 20k) to get whatever level game you are wanting. Have fun. :grinning:

As I understand it, it is no longer possible for mods to manually adjust your rank.

2 Likes

^^^ That should be in an FAQ somewhere!

1 Like