I used an AI to make paintings using only the terms “Baduk” and “Weiqi.” Thoughts?

Downright terrifying. Please keep them coming!! <3

3 Likes

inside a cave tunnel of Baduk Weiqi Go Gomoku with black Go stones

8 Likes

“Baduk Weiqi Go” by Leonardo da Vinci

__

“Baduk Weiqi Go” by Vincent van Gogh

“Baduk Weiqi Go” by Johannes Vermeer

“Baduk Weiqi” by Gustav Klimt

“Baduk Weiqi” by Sandro Botticelli

“Baduk Weiqi” by Pablo Picasso

10 Likes

I wonder if the name is a reference to Deepdream. Deepdream is an image generation software from 2014.

The first aim of Deepdream was to be a tool to look inside the blackbox of a neural network. Starting from a neural network trained to classify images, you could select a neuron in the network and ask Deepdream “generate an image that maximises the activation of this neuron”.

This provided one way to examine the neural network. Imagine your network is trained to classify images. The neuron on the output layer obviously correspond to the classes: one neuron for “this image is a dog”, one neuron for “this image is a cat”, etc. But if the neural network can recognise cats and dogs, maybe one of the neurons in the intermediate layers can recognise eyes, and another neuron can recognise ears, and another can recognise paws, as those are the distinctive signs of cats and dogs. You can get an insight into which neuron does what with Deepdream: tell it “generate an image that maximises the activation of this neuron” and you’ll get a weird image full of eyes. Choose another neuron and you’ll get an image full of paws.

1 Like

11 Likes

9 Likes

Always with the redstones :thinking:

3 Likes

Image Creator from Microsoft Designer

ancient ruins of Weiqi Baduk board in the desert

10 Likes

forward road view with huge Baduk Weiqi Go stones on the road

9 Likes

8 Likes

Wow, is that one colour go? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I like how the robot is surrounded by Go bowl lids. Ready to fill them with the opponent’s dead stones!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Looks like someone put some effort in making an official music video out of AI pictures.

So far I’ve only seen such kind of animation portraying anime style beach babes. Here’s something different!
I find it both disturbing and fascinating.

1 Like

MrMTal even makes an appearance about 3’40 in :smiley:

Did anyone try Midjourney v5 ? Can it draw Go board?

https://www.reddit.com/r/midjourney/comments/11trpil/the_matrix_chess_edition_v5/

1 Like

wooden ceiling with black and white balloons

5 Likes

soup of black and white Weiqi Baduk Gomoku Go stones and spoon are inside Weiqi Baduk Gomoku Go bowl on Weiqi Baduk Gomoku Go board

6 Likes

DeepFloyd:

Baduk go weiqi: Two animals play a game of weiqi baduk go on a weiqi go baduk board by the side of a pool

It’s important to be very subtle about the “baduk go weiqi” keywords, in order to get just the right amount of weiqi go baduk played on a go weiqi baduk board in the picture.

I’m troubled by this picture because the animal on the right has a bear-head on top of a cat-body; but when I don’t think about it too much it does look like a “normal”, plausible animal. So apparently, my intuitive understanding of animals is as bad as the AI’s.

6 Likes

Baduk Weiqi Go Gomoku flying in the sky

4 Likes