I used an AI to make paintings using only the terms “Baduk” and “Weiqi.” Thoughts?

Yes, I think so.

2 Likes

They don’t inspire me at all. Blurry confused pics., with no feeling,

1 Like

Downloaded the app, but it says I need credits and have none.

Edit: After some time I was given credit and asked for a watercolor painting of the prompt “-1 = e^(i🥧)”. The result:

starryai-3882504

Is it a mash-up of google image search results?

6 Likes

The app is a huge pain to use, bombards you with ads and only lets your generate two free images : ( The other one i tried generating was an unrecognisable mess, so i deleted the app.

6 Likes

Was that using the same settings to generate? I don’t mind the ads so far and will probably experiment in a leisurely way at the rate of two trys a day but I am fascinated by how it works with repeated identical input.

1 Like

Confusion and uncanniness is still very much a feeling, which i personally find fascinating, the AI captures exactly those feelings extremely well, even if it wasnt its intention. Like a fever dream full of unrecognisable confusion, i honestly love it ^^

6 Likes

Interesting. If Google image results formed the bulk of training data then possibly yes.
I assume the Devs had some way of filtering for copyright protected content in that case.

I note that they say that the user has ownership of the images produced.

2 Likes

I think the second one used a similar but different keyword, since it just looked bad i didnt save it unfortunately, i hope you can get some good results with it! Im sure theres gotta be a better place to generate AI images though.

2 Likes

41 of them here apparently:

6 Likes

Smells some go AI generated art new topic soon.

2 Likes

“black Go stones and white Go stones on the wood Go board with 19x19 grid of lines”

16 Likes

“A game of Go baduk weiqi” in Kandinsky style

“Go game baduk weiqi” in cubist style

9 Likes

Clearly more words is better…

???

11 Likes

This is “Artificial Intelligence creates Art”, a portrait in charcoal.

starryai-9086453

13 Likes

Goban cosmetics is a somewhat popular brand (and one of the first Google results for those who haven’t fixed the algorithm by being Go players), I’m surprised nobody has hit that yet.

7 Likes

10 Likes

I didn’t want to download an app, but I found this free tool online:

Some testing

cat

bird

fish

weiqi

baduk

goban

go board game

black and white stones on a wooden board

mountain

7 Likes

Can’t quite work out of this is serious or not!

3 Likes

I have to say, I’m really enjoying the uncanny valley effect. There’s something almost artistic about it.

5 Likes

Yes, all of those are actual outputs that I got for trying those prompts. I got a lot of other weird ones as well, but just cherry picked a few, as is customary for presenting AI results. Try it yourself.

5 Likes