I won a game and my rank went down

I find it very strange. I was 21 playing w a 19 rank I won and went down to 22k Is this normal?

3 Likes

One of the mods will pick this up, I hope :grimacing:

4 Likes

It’s coz of the 15 game sliding window. As you won that game, a bigger win slid off the back. Keep on winning, and you’ll see your rank climb. It cuts both ways. If you have a bit of a winning streak, and then lose a couple, your rank may continue rising for another game or two. It all averages out to a fairly accurate estimate of your strength. But you cannot rest on your laurels, you’re only as good as your last 15 games.

5 Likes

Didn’t that change? (Ranking update?)

2 Likes

I still hope …

Yeah I think it’s too confusing to have a system where a win decreases rating, it’d be good to patch that out.

1 Like

What’s there to pick up? We have just as much access to the back-end code of OGS as you do :sunglasses:

Also, ranking has been worked on continuously, we’ll get to the perfect system eventually, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Ik wist niet zeker of er nog meer was. En omdat ik toch een “officieel” antwoord gaf (wat normaal - denk ik - door een moderator zou worden gegeven) wil ik het even voorleggen aan de mods. Wilde gewoon niemand passeren. That’s all.

1 Like

Maar je “officiële” antwoord was een link naar een officieel antwoord van Anoek (blijft een leuke naam :stuck_out_tongue:), ik geloof niet dat ik daar wat aan toe te voegen zou hebben :slight_smile:

Ik stel daarnaast voor de voertaal Engels te houden, voor we het weten zijn we verdacht bezig, stiekeme onderonsjes in zo’n maf brabbeltaaltje met al die keelklanken, da’s vast niet goed voor het vertrouwen.

I have nothing to add to the link that @atorrante cited above. (I’m also not completely sure of any changes that have been made in the meantime)

Seriously?

Knip-ogend :wink: