Inaccurate notifications causing time-outs

I have run into this problem a few times over my games, but a couple of times recently causing me to be disqualified from tournaments I was doing well in. I participate in the site correspondence tournaments, which, as you likely know, add one day of time per move played. (usually up to 3 or 7 days) and weekends are on vacation during site tournaments. I play every day (except occasionally on weekends). However, despite playing every day, I sometimes time out of games: I have no “turn notifications”. After the most recent case, I looked on my home page, and despite not having any turn notifications, I had a turn to play (had I not looked, I would have timed out in it as well). As a rule, I do not request to undo, and I know that that screws up the notification system. So that is not the cause. Have there been any other similar reports? It’s not THAT big of a deal, and indeed, I was not even going to report it until I noticed how well I was doing in a tournament but had been disqualified for this faulty time-out problem. Please advise.