Increased Escape Behavior Post Timeout Rule Change

Here is a recent discussion: What is the rule about time out now

Very helpful to now better understand the “rules.”

So it looks like we can contact the mods if someone is “escaping” but the end result for me and others who respectfully resign is that the Mods can’t change the outcome of the game, and we still have a stack of games we were winning that don’t get counted, but we submit ourselves to the ratings hit for resigning.

Looks like OGS chooses to subject the vast majority of correspondence players to this easy to manipulate cheating method under the auspices of protecting a few good players who have a real life impact to ratings caused by serial timeout.

I have a thought on this for tournament play. If a player times out and disqualifies himself from the tourney, those of us still in the tournament should have the option to cancel and annul any tournament games we have going on with that player so that we don’t have to waste our time on someone who may be trying to escape. Those games won’t count for the tourney, so why should we have to continue them? I understand some may wish to continue, but that should be the choice of those still in the tournament.

1 Like