Invite-only by mistake

I’m thinking of adjusting the create custom game dialogue to make it more difficult to click on the Invite-Only option by mistake. At the moment it’s so close to the Create Game button on the mobile interface that I often find myself clicking start and creating a private game by mistake.

Curious to see if others experience the same before I go ahead and fiddle with it. Let me know.

5 Likes

Looks to me like it would happily sit horizontally between Close and Create Challenge, rather than being on its own line.

Does anyone with a smaller screen disagree?

Otherwise I guess some extra padding on top would be fine.

1 Like

I do this all the time. So please go ahead.
:smiley:

1 Like

Great - it’s not just me!

Issue created and I;'ll get on it soon: Move the Invite-only checkbox (or clickable area) to stop it being checked by mistake on small screen devices · Issue #2275 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub

1 Like

Need to make sure the clickable area is smaller I think so it is only the checkbox - then I’ll see where it can sensible fit (ideally without taking more screen space up overall.

1 Like

Also on laptop I manage to misclick it.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-28 om 12.03.43

Rather close to each other as you can see.

Hope your programming also involves big screen devices.

1 Like

there is bigger problem:

if you click here, Invite-only clicks

7 Likes

What stone_defender brings up could be how I’ve
accidentally clicked that several times, on laptop.

2 Likes

OK - committing the change now - all I have done is make only the checkbox itself clickable so the label (and acres of space on the left of it no longer check the checkbox). I think that’s a small enough target area all the way over to the right that it shoudl be ok - let’s see how that goes when it gets released.

2 Likes

That invite checkbox is way too close to the creat challenge button haha

1 Like

Yeah I still think the checkbox itself should move… either padded down more or else in line with the two buttons.

It’s live now - the checkbox has moved under Private at the top. That should be much better.

3 Likes

Much better. Thanks @Gurumanger!