Is it dishonest to play in a tournament that you created yourself?

Hello.

I recently met with the opinion that it’s dishonest for a player to play in a tournament that he created himself. I would like to know more opinions on this issue.

I apologize for my English and thank you for the answers.

1 Like

“Interesting”, to say the least … why should it be “dishonest” to play in a tournament created by oneself? Did that person explain that to you?

IMO it would only be dishonest if the tournament director, for example, used their powers to disqualify other players for no reason

Also, from my (admittedly non-native speaker) perspective, your English is fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That person said exactly that.
That person suggested creating an additional account, making tournaments from an additional account in order to play tournaments from the main account. And so I think. On the one hand, it’s unfair to play in your own tournament, but is it more honest to do tournaments from another, additional account?

Wouldn’t this be dishonest? Why should it be better to play disguise tricks instead of being transparent about you being the TD?

It’s completely fine to take part in your own tournaments as long as you don’t use your TD rights for selfish goals.

6 Likes

Thank you for your opinion! :+1:

To put it another way, we moderators still play ranked games, despite having the power to decide all of them in our own favour. With power comes responsibility. There is nothing wrong with a TD participating in his own tournament, as long as he doesn’t abuse the privileges that comes with it.

5 Likes

Thank you so much friends! You have dispelled my doubts and my life has sparkled with bright colors now!

3 Likes

No.

:smiley:

5 Likes

Great answer! :pray:

If you are going to create tournaments, then the best type to create are often what you yourself would enjoy playing in. It would be a shame if you couldn’t. Luckily for me, it’s okay to join in.

eg:

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the inspiring answers! You inspired me to create my group and I already created it. The first tournaments will appear soon and I will definitely participate in them! I will be glad to everyone who joins.

2 Likes

I just want to ring in with everyone else. Unless you use your abilities as TD to somehow affect the tournament in your favor, no, I do not think it is dishonest in any way.

5 Likes

If I invite people to my birthday party, is it unfair if I’m also there?
Only if I lock the toilet and eat and drink everything, not leaving anything for the others :wink:

7 Likes

I burst out laughing when I read this line :joy:. Thank you trohde :hugs:

2 Likes

The nicest gift you can give back to me :grin: :heart:

4 Likes