Is it necessary to have a count down on main time?

When I was playing a game a lady started counting down, I thought I was in byoyomi, so I played, then after the next move she continued counting down.

I hadn’t actually finished main time, and the lady was counting down that.

Is it necessary to count down at the end of main time?

My personal feeling is that it is not necessary, only counting down in byoyomi is necessary, although a notification when you enter byoyomi would be useful too.

1 Like

I agree that this should be removed. It has scared me into making a move a few times now, and main time running out doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

IMHO a countdown BEFORE the Byoyomi begins is appropriate, so that you know, “in ten seconds n periods of n seconds will begin”.

Then at least make it a different countdown, rather than the ominous creepy voice “10…9…8…etc.”

2 Likes

Yeah, well, The voice of Vincent Price saying “ten seconds until byo-yomi begins” would be perfect for me :smiley:

2 Likes

honestly, there are few things in OR out of the world of go that wouldn’t be improved by the voice of Vincent Price.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.