Is live notifications

Hi everyone!

I’m GetFlappy, I’m new to the forum and relatively new to go. I’ve been streaming my progress on twitch for the past couple months. I was wondering what I need to do to have my name pop up on the site when I go live.
Thanks a bunch!
You friendly neighborhood Flappy.

2 Likes

I guess I found your twitch channel and saw that you were live, so I put a banner up for you. The banner will be up for 2 hours. Let me know if you want longer or shorter.

Right now, I hear that you seem surprised about all of the viewers you are getting… haha

Haha, I see you reading this forum post right now.

10 Likes

you found me!! I’ll likely be on for the next 5-8 hours! Is there a way to do this every time I stream?

3 Likes

Hi, I’m gonna be live at 4pm. Still can’t seem to figure out how this works but I’m trying to figure out how get stream notifications up when I go live.

If anyone could give me an answer, that’d be excellent!
Thanks,
Flappy

4 Likes

Please use the universal time widget so that everyone will have the right time.

Little calendar in the bar up

3 Likes

Oh sweet, yeah I just realized I wasn’t specific about time: 2021-10-20T20:00:00Z

How’s that?

2 Likes

Perfect. Are you in China btw? A no sorry, we have exactly 12 hr dif.

1 Like

No, New York, ah that makes sense haha

1 Like

For the notification i dunno, need a mod to answer you.
Happy streaming !

2 Likes

I’ve given you announcer privileges to set up the banners yourself. Sent you a pm to explain how to do it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

By the way, in addition to banner notifications, I recommend that you announce in advance in this forums thread, and even post a schedule here, if you have one. Maybe also edit the title of the thread to be more descriptive.

3 Likes

My schedule:
WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY, SUNDAY 4pm EST

**I don’t know how to edit the title :grimacing:

1 Like

Do you have a pen after (at the end of the title)?

I think you are not enough a user of the forum yet if you don’t have this pen
See: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

• Edit their own posts after more than 24 hours

I can change it for you (or anyone who get the pen) if you want. Tell us what title to put.
We can move the whole topic to the announcement category too.

Or you can start a new topic there, maybe even better.

4 Likes