Mark's suggestions are:
- The name can be displayed in gray rather than blue;
- The flag can be replaced with a bot icon; (why do bots have a nationality anyway?)
- The letters "AI" or "CPU" or "BOT" can be added after the rank, like how "T" stands for timeout;
- The word "AI" or "CPU" or "BOT" can be added to the blank space to the right of the user icon.
Presumably bots must be registered as such with OGS? Note that Chat and Message also should be modified.
My opinion is not (1) because color has no significance viz a viz bots and which theme is in use might matter. Also, in terms of color there can be diminished sensitivity even to blue and the appearance of colors can be effected by the surround, and apps such as f.Lux which change screen temperature. (Apple has one on iOS that's now been put in OS X).
(2) is a clever idea, I really liked it and then it occurred to me that it might be of significance to the bot owner to associate the bot with a nation. Also, s below, there are pages where it's appropriate to display something but there is no flag.
(3 & 4) For reference when thinking about these two, I attached Day and Night themes versions of all the pages where the area(s) I think Mark is referring to appear. Looking at all of them, there may be some limitations on certain pages.. (If I picked wrong areas, tell me and I'll re-do it.)
Home page, upper right:
Home page, gobans:
Game page, Note Chat. Note that the flags (circled) are tiny.: