Is she a bot?

I didn’t read it as a rant at all. It was great that you crystalised all the reasons in everyone’s minds :slight_smile:

I was reading this thread going “yeah, yeah”, and then I got to the end and thought “hang about, why does it even matter?”

I think that the first two points are not really good ones. Just as many opponents here on OGS won’t talk and wont review as will. In fact, I would go as far as to say more opponents I encounter don’t talk to me than do.

Point 3 is a fascinating one, psychologically. It is so real. There is a video where Dwyrin plays a bot after he obviously hasnt done so for a long time, and he really finds it so hard to cope with that it’s funny.

… and yet, as you say … why do we care about that delay? Should bot programmers put a little delay just to make it fell nice :slight_smile:

Points 4 and 5 are very solid. Especially the weakness one.

Point 6 is fascinating thing we are all having to face up to for real instead of a sci-fi book eh?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I wasn’t posing an argument that they should not be identified, I genuinely find it fastcinating that we all find the need to have them identified!

GaJ

2 Likes

In just saw this thread pop up in my list. So I’m curious: why do people run bots? What is interesting about it that people like to see their bots go up in ranks?

That’s an easy one - it’s the programming challenge! Why does any hobbyist write programs? Same reason.

Congratulations!!! great achievement:grin::joy: