Is there an option to export/import the entire site settings?

Just had an a-ha! moment. If I play correspondence, I might like a specific board background, no stone marker, hide ranks, etc; but if I play live, I would definitely want to see the stone marker, and perhaps the opponent rank. Feasibly also with a different board theme and/or sound settings.

As far as I know, there is an option for Themes & Visuals section of the Settings: “Share or import theme” with two buttons, one to generate a JSON with the theme settings, the other one to import it.

I realise that the entire site settings might be a much bigger chunk of data. However it might be preferable (at least to me) to do a big string copy/paste, rather than navigating through different sections of the Settings sub-menus to toggle this and that and ending up not getting it exactly right (not to mention the time it takes to perform all those individual actions).

Maybe, this is another feature that will never be implemented, but I thought I would write it up in the Forum. Thanks!

2 Likes

better to have it like this maybe


just switching the preset instead of importing every time

2 Likes

Do not delete the cookies.

OP wants to switch custom theme styles, not much to do with cookies, cause OGS doesn’t support it yet

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t quite understand the question.
Since the entire configuration couldn’t be saved,
I thought the only option was to prevent the settings from being erased.

Alternatively, could the option to show/hide ranks and ratings be duplicated and also shown in the Theme panel? So that it can be exported/imported in that subset of settings. Maybe this could be the easiest and quickest to implement.