Is there no expiration on game requests?

I noticed that several custom game requests on the Play page seem to be from users who haven’t been active in months. Do game requests expire? I’m surprised that game requests wouldn’t be cancelled after a week, or at most a month.

4 Likes

I would expect live game requests to auto-cancel if you closed the browser tab… as for correspondence, I dunno… since games regularly take several months to play, I don’t really mind if they stay open for a while… maybe literal months is too long, but an intuitive cut off point to cancel a corr game request doesn’t immediately jump out at me… even a week feels a little short, maybe auto-cancelling after a month would be fine?

2 Likes

So, I tried counting them, and it looks like there are about 25 game requests by 15 different users that don’t look like they have been active for over a month. Some of them haven’t been active for close to a year. (including at least one user who may have deleted their account). It seems like having game requests expire much sooner would help de-clutter the Play page and reduce annulled games by timeout.

4 Likes

Alright, there’s no automatic process right now, maybe that’s something we can consider… for now though, mods can manually remove open challenges… So I’ll investigate what you’ve reported and clean up some of the older ones. Thanks for pointing this out.

4 Likes

Cool beans, glad I could bring it to your attention!

1 Like

It seems that challenges from such users at least should be automatically closed. I guess easier said than done.

1 Like

Probably just overlooked, it’s hard to think of literally every way a user can interact with the site when you’re writing a wipe function. I’ll message anoek when wakes up to see if this function can be added.

Can confirm, there was one open game offer from a deleted account before I removed the offer. No idea what would have happened if someone accepted it lol

4 Likes

My short game requests are disappearing either. From nothing. No reason. This is a complaint day for me sorry :sweat_smile: