Japanese rules, interface keeps insisting that there are points in a Seki

It will not accept that in Japanese rules A9 should not give black any point

3 Likes

interface or opponent?

1 Like

Well, technically the opponent I guess, but itā€™s because heā€™s insisting on following the ā€œauto-scoreā€ so itā€™s also the interface.

2 Likes

opponent who donā€™t understand Japanese seki:

ā€œi have blocked u from future games. cheaterā€

3 Likes

Upon further research online I believe this would be scored the same way in any other ruleset too. In Chinese rules Seki gives the side with eyes points. However this is a false eye, so even in Chinese rules there will be no points here.

black can place stone here and nothing will change

this is a point in Chinese rules

2 Likes

Oh damn. I guess youā€™re right.

I believe you can shift click individual points to toggle them as territory or not, which is useful for correcting seki or manually scoring seki. (On desktop at least)

2 Likes

I understand that but you see here how people will insist on following the auto score. Is it hard to fix this issue?

Itā€™s not something Iā€™ve tried myself so I donā€™t really know. Still itā€™s worth knowing how to correct the score for the odd time the autoscore fails ( can happen with server issues sometimes)

Some people have played around with editing the scoring code I think, and there were some proposals also to override Katagoā€™s suggestions in cases where stones were in atari or could be captured in a couple of moves etc so as not to give players hints or ideas in the scoring phase they might not have know about.

So in theory there someone might be able to fix it along with other things, Iā€™m just not sure when.

2 Likes

There are several topics in the forums about this issue.

A post of mine from 1 month ago in another thread:

2 Likes

The OGS system automatically provides a preliminary scoring of the game, so the players donā€™t have to count every point every game.

** The preliminary scoring is not the final score. Players have to agree on life and death status of stones.

1 Like