Josekle 🟢⚪🟣🟢🟣

:yellow_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :yellow_circle: :white_circle: :yellow_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:

I think I’ve made a slight mistake here, this is hard :smile:
I’m still checking

I should’ve posted the colors for the other rotation it has slightly more hits.

3 Likes

josekle_06

?

3 Likes

:yellow_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :yellow_circle: :white_circle: :yellow_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:

:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:

4 Likes

11 at q13 and 12 at l16

3 Likes

Correct!

:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :white_circle: :white_circle:

:green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle: :green_circle:

3 Likes

My attempt

Emojis, but naturally SPOILERS on the sequence length

Josekle #1

:green_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle: too few moves

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle: too many moves

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle: too few moves

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle: too many moves

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle: too few moves

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle: correct!

I got a bit confused on the sequence in the middle, but it was very fun :slight_smile:

I think maybe an undo button to clean up the tree a little would be handy. I found myself misclicking a lot on mobile, so it might be handy not to have the misclicks hanging around.

Not a big deal and already a great implementation!

Edit: one initial confusion I had was that yellow meant “there’s a stone here at some point” but that stone could be either color.

So actually I just ended up ignoring the yellow hints altogether because it was harder to think of how the sequence ends up with a stone there but it could be either colour.

That might change in day 2 :slight_smile:

3 Likes
Sharing

Josekle #1
:green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

I got confused about the length, but that should just happen on day one.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen Josekle #2 before.

But I could figure it out.

Josekle #2
:yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle:
:yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle:
:white_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

3 Likes
mild spoilers for the pool of josekis right now

I tried to pick about a dozen of 3-3, 3-4, and 4-4, with more than 4 moves. I see 3-3 so rarely I don’t know which are common, and many are around 4 moves

btw I have a function to help joseki curation, so we can maybe try a second pool if folks want to experiment somehow. will post more later.

also I just learned from a friend that the :yellow_circle: is unsupported on Android 9.0 :thinking:

3 Likes

Is :yellow_square: and that supported?

I mean it’s not the worst

3 Likes

I m on the side of Alexander: I like this much more in the end of the game as in the beginning

I might be bad at this game, but I get there in the end :stuck_out_tongue:

Josekle #3 - just emojis, length spoiler warning

Josekle #3

:white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle:
:purple_circle::purple_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

Also I really like the

and purple and green works nicely :slight_smile:

1 Like

all right, fixed the date math, should drop at midnight your local time now.

Josekle #3

:white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:

@yebellz what does the color of the node in the tree signify? just that the variation was submitted? and the color is the hint? I might experiment with the tree later

2 Likes
Josekle 2

Josekle #2
:purple_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

First time trying Josekle. Pretty fun. :smiley:

3 Likes
Josekle #3

:white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

As you can see, I had no idea how to continue. Although the shapes seem natural.

2 Likes

This is pretty cool :slight_smile:

Josekle #4 - Emojis and a mini comment

Josekle #4
:green_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::purple_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::purple_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

I got super lucky where my first guess gave me a good idea for the second one with the hints :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Today #4 was the first time I got it quickly. I was very terrible the other days :stuck_out_tongue: I think the hints have gotten better though, easier to utilise when they’re on the board and in the tree themselves, but I do also like the summary appearing below the board with the “too long!” type comments etc :slight_smile:

I do have an idea for a strategy that I might test tomorrow.

I do also wonder if someone only knows very few joseki, would it be a fun puzzle or very difficult.

3 Likes

I’m someone who knows very few joseki, and this one was pretty easy for me. First one I actually solved :grinning:

Not sure about “fun” yet though. It looks like we lost the hints on the board for empty intersections; without those it seems like it will be more tedious, since you have to refer back to your guesses to see them. However I only got two purples this time, so there wasn’t much tedium to overcome.

Summary
Josekle #4
🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟣🟣⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪
🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢⚪
🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
4 Likes

I got it very wrong from the start, and didn’t know purple means there is stone there with any color. However, once I knew what it meant, and saw the final shape, I immediately know what joseki it is by treating it like one color Go.

6 Likes

subtle flex…

5 Likes