Josekle 🟢⚪🟣🟢🟣

In another thread, I proposed the concept of a game that imitates a trend and revolves around guessing a joseki sequence:

You can now play it online here

Thanks to @okonomichiyaki for leading the implementation!

How Josekle Works

1. Guess the hidden joseki by submitting move sequences.
  2. Green :green_circle: indicates that the move is at the correct place and timing within the sequence.
  3. Purple :purple_circle: indicates that the point is part of the sequence, but incorrect timing and/or stone color.
  4. Red :x: mark points that are not part of the joseki.
  5. A new puzzle is available every day!

You can also play a variant called Fusekle, which focuses on 9x9 fuseki:

Discussion about Josekle Development has been split off into another thread:

The rest of this first post was older discussion about manually playing test games on this forum:

I’d like to play some test games here in this thread, and we can also use this thread to discuss game design and potential implementation details.

I’ll host the first game. I’m thinking of a common joseki sequence that is 13 moves long. Please guess valid joseki sequences (as marked as “Joseki: Done” in the OJE) and I will respond with a sequence of circles that hints at which moves are correct.

For example, if someone guesses a 7-move joseki sequence, I might respond with something like:

:green_circle::white_circle::yellow_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

which would mean that the 1st and 4th moves are at the correct board locations and timing within the sequence, while the 3rd and 5th moves are at board locations that exist within the sequence, but at an incorrect time, and the other moves (2nd, 6th, and 7th) were at locations that do not exist within the solution joseki.

Note: your guesses do not have to be 13 moves, but they must be valid joseki.

Happy Josekling!

19 Likes

immagine
This one?

2 Likes

I’m assuming that this is the sequence that you meant

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

3 Likes

Ok, I guess it’s this one :slight_smile:
immagine

There is no way to put the numbers in the joseki explorer, right?

5 Likes

Josekle #1 2/8

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

Magnificent

6 Likes

I don’t think so. I couldn’t even find away to automatically number with a demo board, so I just opened a game (where the first move happened to be away from the top-right corner) and made variations to get the automatic numbering that way.

Okay, now I have a 6 move joseki for puzzle number two.

?

2 Likes

:white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

1 Like

?

(edited to rotate and match Sofiam’s guess)

4 Likes

Joseki meets Mastermind.
Nice idea.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20220201-201916_Chrome

4 Likes

:yellow_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle:

:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:

2 Likes

6 on the 4th line :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m here to loudly cheer the idea and exit.

:tada::tada::tada:

10 Likes

Josekle #2 4/8

:white_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:yellow_circle::yellow_circle::yellow_circle::green_circle::yellow_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::white_circle:
:green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle::green_circle:

Splendid

4 Likes

This needs to be implemented properly…

3 Likes

Now I propose one :slight_smile: this joseki has 20 moves

2 Likes

Would someone else like to host the next one?

Edit: haha, never mind, @_Sofiam just posted right before me.

2 Likes

aha I was mis-thinking the second move knight’s approach.
this is a bit trickier than I expected, I think there is no way I could do it without OJE open

1 Like

Please save me, @okonomichiyaki!

8 Likes