Just wondering how the profile pictures are given

Have you ever wandered how the first profile pictures are made? Are there two same profiles?
Please post your profile down there.

• There are two profiles that are the same
  • There are no profiles that are the same (like fingerprints)

0 voters

2 Likes

My profile is:2020-05-07

2 Likes

They’re all unique, they’re called identicons and they’re uniquely generated for each account. My favourite generator is Jdenticon as further evidenced here :smiley:

6 Likes

I don’t think it is the same unless you chose the same photo( from photo library)

2 Likes

Maybe I should change the ones for my GPs. Currently my favorite GP is GP4 because it got the best default profile. I think that if I changed some of them to ones I liked better, this could change.

1 Like

My profile picture is image

1 Like

Hey, mine is kind of close! https://jdenticon.com/#icon-HHG

3 Likes

Are you sure they’re unique? I thought they were generated from a hash of your email address. A hash collision, although highly unlikely, is theoretically possible.

3 Likes

I’m going for the smart-ass award today…

Screenshot (28)

though it’s possible that the user copied the pic?

3 Likes

No, there are many profiles that are the same.

It is randomly taken from a list of 8-bit style default pictures.

Colors may change, so you have many different profiles, but yes, it is a finite list.

5 Likes

Now here is the question, Which person or multiple people has/have the best default picture?
Also what should I change my GP’s profile pics to?

1 Like

that is a matter of opinion, so no, it is not the question.

Also, who am I to speak for what you should change your GPs’ profile pictures to? Who would answer that question better than you, for your own taste? It’s like trying to find a number closer to 5, than 5 itself.

3 Likes

I was hoping we could have a big argument(or discussion) about what the best one was.

1 Like

Why don’t you build a poll? But it will drift off topic. Make a new one!

Only a write in poll would work. All players could add their choice, or vote on the choices that are already there. You could also put the picture right next to the player’s name.

1 Like

Ooh… Or we could use a select a few candidates

1 Like

Out of my 4 GPs, which one has the best profile pic? These are all the default ones that they got. GP4 is the only one that doesn’t have any green on it.
GP1:
556a59dab9ee211df91e21aafb3fd0b7
GP2:
fe857c69b824435cc1760311d0c6857b
GP3:
b0b4f27bda355d096265e1389718e80a
GP4:
69ecd2058abecee9fca7b7759e4fa8ce

What one is the best?

• GP1
  • GP2
  • GP3
  • GP4

0 voters

Also if you have a suggestion of something to put as a profile pic for them, please share because I don’t know what to put for them.

1 Like

I’m lonely…

1 Like

Not anymore!

1 Like

:smiley:

Hi…

1 Like