Katago/GPU question

What level of (desktop) RTX 3000 GPU will be required so that I can “walkthough” a game with Katago and see it’s move suggestions as I go without waiting? Will an RTX 3050 do it? If not, which one. FWIW, I have Intel 4790K cpu. Thank you very much for your answer!

1 Like

I think you can always see it’s suggestions. The number of playouts will vary, though.

1 Like

Frankly, I believe Katago is much stronger than I do even without a GPU.

1 Like

Let me phrase it another way. Do folks running the AI software with a RTX 3050 feel it is “lacking”, the RTX 3060 isn’t a huge price jump, but it appears to maybe run 30% faster based on benchmarks I have seen. But I am not familiar with the “3050 experience”, so that doesn’t have much meaning to me. I am not a “gamer”, so I am looking for a good match for this software. I won’t be doing any “training”. I am 9k, so I don’t require “perfection” in the analysis. I am using a Geforce 9800GT now, and it is, as might be expected, sluggish. Thanks again!

I use lizzie to invoke Katago. I did find the GUI sluggish if I forget to turn on an option.

java -jar -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true lizzie.jar

Are you in face of the same issue?

I have a RTX 2060 and it’s essentially instant already. So I think any of the 3000 series will be fine.

2 Likes

I have a 1060 and don’t feel it’s lacking for AI review.

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies! They provided the information I was looking for. Cheers!

1 Like