A while back I made a tool with the idea of using AI to get instant feedback on your moves, finding reviewing with lizzie and such to be not quite what I needed.
This led to KaTrain, a tool which uses KataGo’s scoreLead function to give you a ranking of your move by the point loss they cause, but without showing the best moves in advance. With the time available due to recent events, I managed to rewrite this such that the program is ready for a wider audience.
- Review your games to find the moves that were most costly in terms of points lost.
- Play against AI and get immediate feedback on mistakes with option to retry.
- Play against a wide range of weakened versions of AI with various styles.
- Automatically generate focused SGF reviews which show your biggest mistakes, in a format optimized for sabaki.
- View best moves according to analysis as well as neural network policy.
- Support for non-square boards, up to 52x52 with the appropriate katago version.
And much more!
The AI options have also been deployed on OGS as bots for the last few weeks, although in the program you have more power to configure them. The ‘weighted’ AI is particularly recommended for kyu players and appears reasonable in its mistakes.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think! Suggestions are very welcome.