Kibitz for Diplomatic Go: The First Game

This seems a bit harsh. Has anyone any examples of games where there’s any rules to motivate play when in a losing position? I don’t think standard risk for instance offers much motivation to play when you’re in a losing position. You could in theory hold out to capture a territory each turn and try get a massive reinforcement card, but supposing you were in such a losing position with one unit left per territory there would be no point in waiting to be beaten.

Some of the newer mario karts (mario kart wii onward?) would give the player in last place big power ups to either mess up whoever gets first place or a bullet to make them hopefully not last place. I think people on average resent this mechanic though?

I don’t think we would want a spend your captured stones to nuke someone elses group mechanic.

Even playing for a share in a draw isn’t really a great incentive for a lot of players I would wager. Choosing between working really hard for a draw or resigning I can imagine won’t be enough incentive for a lot of people.

I think Haze was great for still continuing while being in a not so great position for most of the game.

At the moment though, White could be captured this turn though right? A play at A8, A6 and D7 simultaneously?

4 Likes