Kill-All Go

Kill-All Go

Raison d’Être

This thread is for talking about and finding opponents for Kill-All Go.

Casus Belli

Please find like-minded players here to challenge to games of Kill-All Go in order to improve our life and death skills.

Modalités de Combat

Once you have found an opponent, make a fork of this game in order to get the starting position. Please play unranked so as to not interfere with the OGS rating system.

Français

I don’t speak French, so any French speaker who would like to correct my phrases for “reason to be”, “reason to fight/war”, and “manner/way of war”, are more than welcome; I will update this post with the corrections I am sure will be needed. :smiley:

5 Likes

/resigns after white’s first move😶/
If I were to ever try that, I would need to be white. I know that I would lose if I was black. My opponent would easily get their eyes.

1 Like

That board literally drives white to lose the will to live.

4 Likes

I’ll play you as Black if you want.

3 Likes

I have lost all of the games so far. I think I am better at white though. That may be because I will run around though.

1 Like

Personally I found playing White much scarier. I felt like I was at the mercy of Black leaving opportunities. I’d love to play more games, though.

1 Like

I usually try and rely upon this in my lost 19x19 games, although it doesn’t work. I usually go into it thinking that I am either going to lose or get eyes, although in reality, I would have to also take up enough of their territory. On the other hand, I am never the one trying to keep the other person out, so I don’t have as much experience with that.

1 Like

Long time ago I played the shape game.

3 Likes

The Shape Game is another exercise of a similar nature (and also linked to in the Sensei’s article).

I’d be up for giving either a shot.

2 Likes

The title scared me…

1 Like

I wonder if there could be an AI vs AI game on that board.

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting :slight_smile: @yebellz: I sent you two challenges, one as white, one as black.

2 Likes

French Speaker here :
Here are the correct phrasing in french. I translation is not word for word, I try to maintain the meaning and the tone :
“reason to be”, ==> “Raison d’être” . You’re correct but there is a disturbing space before ëtre.

Reason to fight ==> “Casus Belli”. It is latin but that’s what we would use. Sinon “Causes de la guerre”

manner/way of war : “Modalités de combat”, or latin again : “modus operandi”, which sounds better.

4 Likes

My Esperanto and English struck with the “d’ être” vs. “d’être”. :smiley:

Is it okay that I went with “Modalités de Combat” instead of “Modus Operandi”? To my knowledge, the phrase “Modus Operandi” is only used in English to refer to the way in which a criminal habitually commits crimes, so I wanted to avoid it since the main text of my post is in English.

It is ok to use “Modalités de combat”, it is perfectly clear in french.

1 Like
2 Likes

Does anyone want to the play the Shape Game in particular?

I’d play a game on any of those shape games with any color, for the fun of it.
Defy me and I’ll play it.

2 Likes

I am going to challenge you to one of the top version, you as black.

1 Like

So I lost to Yebellz, he managed to get 2 eyes. (me as white).
Congratulations, I’ll do better next time.

I don’t know how to link a game in the forum.

3 Likes