Ladders timeout question

Just to be super clear about all the stuff, as it is getting complicated.

The games being annulled (when bellow two moves were played) is okay and expected behaviour. There was no real game and a game with one move can hardly be used to measure strenght of the players.

The problem is that these games tend to not influence the ladder position of either player, which is not as correct. I have seen the games and made sure your position is now correct, there is no need for any further action from your side tealeaf. Sorry about the trouble.

5 Likes

Same problem as reported so often in the official 19x19 ladder: My game against David Oli Fons, #122 timed out caused by him after only 12 moves, but he’s still #122 and I’m, hansdeutz still #149.
After only that few moves, I think it’s okay I remain on my position, but he should be removed from his position. All the best, Hans

4 Likes

Hello hansdeutz, I have fixed both your ladder positions, sorry about that!

2 Likes

Thank you very much - but it seems, the problem continues: My game (#129) against jmstone (#115) timed out by him after only a few moves, but the ladder positions remained…

2 Likes

Hello, yeah, unfortunately the bug is still there, I have again fixed your ladder position, but fixing the bug itself is unfortunately above my skill :slight_smile: It will have to wait until our developer deems it the most urgent remaining issue.

Sorry again.

2 Likes

No problem - thanks a lot. My interest is only to remove this non responding guys from the ladder, all the best, Hans

2 Likes

Sorry, but it happened again: sungrower, #110 in the site 19x19 ladder is not responding and after loosing his game(s) by timeout, he remains on his position. He should be removed…

1 Like

There must be some strange bug here, because I reported a similar case, it has been taken in charge by our developer but it’s still there since some days ago.

Few days before I had another similar case and the mod told me that he was unable at that moment to exclude my opponent from the ladder.

We can only call mods and hope… you can do it from inside the game page, using the “call moderator” link.

2 Likes