Levvo's Corner [Recruitment Thread]

I don’t think it’s that big of a discrepancy. I’m currently 13k on both KGS and OGS, although I’ve been as much as 2 stones stronger on KGS a times.

Huh, interesting, thanks for sharing your experience :slight_smile: it seems like kgs ranks can be quite erratic at times anyway so I’ll just have to play more on here and find out!

@ajventi I thought I would follow up and confirm what you said about the discrepancy being smaller, last night I set off the sandbagger alarm and got bumped up to 9kyu, which as you suggested is 2 ranks below my kgs rating. I feel I should also mention rank is rather incidental to me, I’m far more bothered about improving my understanding of the game than “levelling up”, but of course it’s the only way we can indicate our general strength to others

1 Like

Why arn’t you the talkative fellah! :smiley: … I don’t mind slammin one more in as it is now. People who are active tend to help the group be more of a group so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … Hit this post up with a like and i’ll send you an invite. :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha sorry I’ve been spamming your thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sent you an invite. :slight_smile:

Aww I missed this :frowning:

So I’m leaving this comment and would appreciate when you have a spot! I have been playing for 4 months now and I’m 15k, would love to have some people to share knowledge with and learn from ^^

Hope to hear from you.

1 Like

Levvo,

The road to dan will be arduous
The mountain high

The path to sdk highly involved
For a game w/ so few rules

I would love to be shown the path,
Enlighten others as to the way.

~Craig
[Tarot]

Hello,

This is something that really interests me. One thing I’ve been lacking from go is a consistent group of people I know to learn and enjoy the game with.

I started playing about 4-5 months ago and I’m currently hovering around 11k. I currently learn mainly from youtube and reviewing my own games.

Anyway, would love to hear from you, and thanks for your time.

-m

I guess I can invite some more people, even if I am not the most active at the time. You can help each other like I encourage! :smiley:

Like or reply to this post so I know you’re still active and wanna come in.

@mterrell, @Tarot, @kuburga

I’m back again. I’d like to study with a group again. I’ve been off and on playing since leaving the group a year or more ago.

Mostly interested in the fact you have a live ladder I do so poorly with correspondence games.

If you let me know if and when you have a space I’d appreciate it.

I did think I recognized your name XD … Welcome back! :smiley:

I’m an 8k and trying to push myself. Whenever you have an open spot I’d love to join.