Life-and-death / Score estimate is strange

In my game https://online-go.com/game/1366648 (I am white), black resigned the game very early after the first fight (for an unknown reason).

Now, my opinion is that I had won the corner fight at this point, but I am not 100% sure that I could have tenuki’d at this point, although I think that I could have. So, my first question is whether this is true.

My second question is about the score estimate button. I get different results every time I hit the button (in the ballpark of 10 to 15 points for white or for black). Is this normal behaviour?

If W would tenuki, what would W do if B played A18?

[quote=“Wulfenia, post:1, topic:3286”]
My second question is about the score estimate button. I get different results every time I hit the button (in the ballpark of 10 to 15 points for white or for black). Is this normal behaviour?
[/quote]Yes, and the estimated scores may vary even more the earlier in the game it is and the more open borders there are. Also, the SE cannot treat things like Seki, etc., correctly. Hard stuff, this score estimation. Which probably is one reason why writing Go AI is not trivial.

Hmm, probably cry :slight_smile: Thanks for your answer.

1 Like