Live tournament turns to blitz

I’m trying to create a tournament similar to the e-congress 9x9 one, but when I try to choose “live, absolute time, 12 minutes”, it turns to blitz and doesn’t let me change it back.

I have AGA rules, 9x9, round robin, tried both with none and automatic handicap.

I can’t seem to make it work.

3 Likes

Maybe a bug, maybe answer on

Blitz means very fast live, so maybe 12 mins it’s very fast?
How many seconds per move would it be?

Would you like to reproduce this: “12 minutes per person, sudden death”?
So probably you should use something like Fisher 12 min main time, 0 byoyomi.
see next post…

I’m trying to reproduce the settings from here https://www.gocongress.org/2020/content_categories/75 for the 9x9, maybe I misunderstood?

1 Like

That’s were I copied my text.
So each player should have an overall 12 mins. After that, sudden death. So no byoyomi periods for last moves.

Absolute time applies to the whole game.
Byoyomi applies to each player.
I think you should use byoyomi settings like this:

• zero main time, one period of 12 mins

3 Likes

Possibly related?

2 Likes

@Lys I’ll try it that way, hope it works.
@HHG, hm possibly related…

2 Likes

I made this one https://online-go.com/tournament/63785, I hope it works.

1 Like

I have a doubt: round robin is where each player has a game against every other player.
How could you do this live?
I fear when the tournament begins all games are created and start at the same moment.
That would be impossible to play live.

3 Likes

Why? It would be an omnidirectional simul.

1 Like

You are right. I’ll just delete it.

I didn’t think they meant the games will be on OGS, not the actual tournament.

This is the day of facepalms.

1 Like

They say:

Description: 9x9 games played in six- or eight-person round-robin tables (five or seven rounds, respectively).

So it’s many rounds.
I played correspondence round Robin and there were only one round with many games.

I wonder what kind of settings could replicate those many rounds here on OGS

1 Like

I found one round Robin live tournament here on ogs It starts tomorrow and has a Japanese titke.

So live round Robin is actually a thing.
Probably the server knows how to manage it. I never played that kind of tournament, but this is just my fault. :grin:

1 Like

And the players probably, I would just time out in everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All time settings apply to each player individually. Absolute 12 minutes means each player starts with 12 minutes on their clock, the player first reaching 0 on their clock looses on time.
Byo-Yomi period time resets after each move. Your time settings are equivalent to 12 minutes per move.

3 Likes

The AGA tournaments are played on OGS, but they will not use the OGS tournament system. The players have to challenge each other for each game.

4 Likes

So Gia was right on everything and I’d better shut up. :zipper_mouth_face:
Sorry @Gia.

@flovo, could you also describe how live round Robin works?

1 Like

I’ve never seen a live RR tournament, but I guess it will create a single round with simultaneous games.

4 Likes

I saw one, even if unintentionally Tournament glitch

1 Like