Log out on all devices?

Does OGS have log out on all devices/terminate all sessions button?

No. Do we need one?

Only way you can achieve such an effect at the moment is by changing your password I think.

This raises the question I ran into just the other day. Under my forum settings there is a “recently used devices” section. Mine says there is a Windows PC active from San Jose, California. I do not live there, or in the state of California for that matter. I changed my password, but it is still there and the even stranger thing is that when I came back today, that PC is still active on my account, and says “active now”. Does anyone else have the same issue? Is it a bug? Is there supposed to be a Computer active with my account from there? Or is it something serious that I need immediate help with. I would normally assume something is being hacked right away, but the fact that every time I come to the forums (which is very regularly), it says this San Jose PC is active, unless I am mistaken, right when I am active because it says “active now.” Any thoughts @AdamR or @S_Alexander? Thanks either way. :smile:

Could it be your internet provider? The city is wrong for my pc, but it already happened to me before and it was because of my provider that was recognised as connected from another town (of the same state: I live in Italy).

Possibly I suppose, but it would be odd because San Jose is very far away from where I live (out of state). I would do not know too much about my internet provider.

Ok, first off I assumed OP was talking about OGS game-site, forums do actually have log out of all devices option.

It is not really my area of expertise, but AFAIk the city being wrong is completely normal and in fact kind of expected, it would be rather scary if it was so easy to so closely determine where you are connecting from :slight_smile: Having the state wrong is less usuaI I guess, but not really that alarming either. Any VPN or anonymization would of course explain that immediately :slight_smile:

In all honesty, It is very unlikely that your nerdy Go forums are being hacked :stuck_out_tongue: if the san Jose PC is the only active now device when you connect, there is probably nothing to worry about.

as WhatsmyIP says:
“Your IP Location can be found using our IP Lookup tool. No IP Lookup tool is 100% accurate due to many different factors. Some of those factors include where the owner of the IP has it registered, where the agency that controls the IP is located, proxies, cellular IPs, etc. If you are in the US and the controlling agency of the IP is located in Canada, chances are the IP address lookup results will show as Canada. Showing a Canadian IP while in the northern US is very common among mobile users on the Verizon network."

2 Likes

Thank you very much @AdamR, you have helped me with way too many issues by now, I appreciate your work very much! Yes, that is part of the reason why I was not too concerned, I drew the same conclusion: Why would anyone hack a Go/forum account? Who did I make mad enough to want to try and mess up my account and get me kicked out of OGS? What hacker asked themselves: Gee I wonder if I can get this guys credit card number from his go game account? :stuck_out_tongue: Nothing can be absolutely positive, but I am sure everything is fine.

Sincerely,
The “GoBoard” (@_GoBoard)

You could actually use the “WhatsmyIP” service to check where you appear to be connected.
I expect it should just confirm that strange San Jose location.

http://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/

2 Likes

Does OGS have log out on all devices/terminate all sessions button?>

That would required if your devices have been compromised.