Looking for a teacher

How can I get a teacher for go?

Oh and I’m 20k https://online-go.com/user/view/179886 and there’s my profile too

Several people on here offer paid lessons. If that’s not your thing, then you can ask for a teaching game on the teaching forum. If you have a specific question then you can do a topic search on here, and if that doesn’t net you an answer, then make a new post and that will usually net you a result. You could consider joining the Nova League. It’s the done thing on there for the stronger player to review league games - assuming they win them.

In a nutshell, you’re unlikely to get a teacher, as such, on here, but ask enough questions and play enough games, and knowledge will transfer one way or another

Wishing you success…

2 Likes

HEY.,3d on KGS right here

1 Like

Are you pointing out that a player can get better, to the tune of seven stones, just by switching servers? :slight_smile:

If you’re 20 kyu and have free time, you could join your local go club. Usually there’d be stronger players who are willing to play you with or without handicap.

Lol, don’t pay for teaching games until you are like 1 dan or something. I got up to 13 kyu just by playing others. I’ll be willing to teach you, not very often. If I can, I will review with you.

Starting conversations with others are great way for others to be wanting to review with you.

1 Like

haha. OGS has some loopholes on its rating systems.
Yes, KGS 3d is not equivalent to OGS 3d.

I am stanchen8 on KGS. You should probably check out. Don’t be salty boy

Well - rank is a fluid concept - A bit like grading a climb. If everyone agrees a climb is a particular grade then the only thing you can be sure of is that they’re all wrong, and I know my abiliy, and therefore rank, changes wildly from day to day - I was curious as to why someone would quote their ranking on a different server and not the one on the server they’re posting on. I mean you’re obviously way stronger than me, but how do you know it’s the OGS system that has the bugs? Maybe KGS is soft on ranking? I have no idea, and I’m not trying to start an argument, but it bugs me a little that there’s a way to measure playing strength, and there’s a players actual strength, and sometimes they seem to be quite divorced from each other.

Don’t want to hijack someones post, so to get back on track, if @Giannatia wants to send me a challenge I’d be happy to play a game and review it, but at my level, teaching is beyond me.