Lower Right Corner Status - Seki or Black Territory?

That’s a lovely theme!

Care to drop the codes in the Backgrounds Library?

1 Like

This I suppose is where you either

• call an OGS mod (or other site moderator)
  • call a tournament director for an IRL game
  • Just say, this game isn’t important enough and walk away, maybe start a new game with someone else :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes

Well, yes, if you have the misfortune of playing against such a stubborn (or misguided) player that tries to pull this nonsense on you, your only recourse is to seek help from a mod/arbiter or abandon the game.

Hopefully, the mod does not also misunderstand it as a “no result” :wink:

2 Likes

I need a bit of light here. I know that when a game is decided, a mod can only annul a result. Now when it is not yet decided, can he force a win?

1 Like

Yes, I think so.

I believe I’ve seen games marked as “white [or black] by moderator decision”, or something like that.

4 Likes

Tournament directors can also force a win by disqualification.

2 Likes

Too complicated.

Just one more point though, if one side wins enough and can choose to die and still win the game. This is the case of this particular game. My opponent, the white player marked this territory black. I was not sure if it was correct, but since it did not change outcome, I accepted.

In an IRL game, it would be interesting if the game is close and also we may not be able to count that accurately, things can get ugly. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes sure but then we are even no more discussing about that particular seki, but about Sekis in general…

It’s just the plain colours. The board background colour is #96734F, the white stones + lines are #D1C19F, the black stones are plain black, but I just changed it to #1A1A1A, like the dark theme background.

2 Likes

There are some cases of just the colors in the background library

I think it fits in there and the diagrams you made do actually look quite nice with that color scheme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Exactly as you say.

2 Likes

This is also true but T.D.'s can’t call a single game. They can disqualify you from the tournament which ends all your on going games in that tournament. They only have a sledge-hammer.

4 Likes