Making the girl counter count for every byoyomi

hey, since you already programmed that girl to count from 10 to 1, and considering it is very helpful for alot of players, i think it would be best to make her count for every byo yomi and not just the last one, like done in proffesional games, or atleast make an option in the settings to turn the girl counter on for every byo yomi. thanks.

2 Likes

I am not sure this is a good idea, counting out individual seconds is as far as I know only done in the last period to stress the fact that time is about to run out completely. I would welcome sound warnings in previous periods(more than 3 beeps), but the last period has to be recognisably different, otherwise there will be a lot of losses on time caused by players thinking that they still have one more period left.

Tygem solves this by saying “The last overtime” before the countdown. They also tell you the number of periods left when you lose one, which I also find nice.

2 Likes

The Ing clock, when set to 30s byoyomi, counts 10,20,25,28 in all but the last period and 10,20,1,2,…,8,9,f in the last one. But, annoyingly, it tells you the length and number of periods every move.

I would hate the countdown all the time.

1 Like

I agree. I think Tygem’s countdown system is the best model to emulate. I also really like how they show the seconds counting down on the last stone played so you don’t have to glance away from the board.

2 Likes

Yeah I love the 10 second voice countdown in Tygem, I would love it here but it’s not a big deal either way.