Malkoviching notice

Today I used the malkovich tool for the first time and wondered about how it looked on the viewers end :D! So I asked if they were able to see my malko chat. They were able to see it but only after I told them I was using the tool since you have to change to the malkovich chat to see it but there is no real indication that I was using it. I think it should light up in some way or maybe the malkovich should just mix in with the chat of the observers? Just something so people know its being used ya know :D? Thanks!

3 Likes

I think it should mix in with regular chat (except for the opponent of course), and be on by default. The icon can be used to toggle it off, although in favor of keeping it simple I’d rather just see those icons removed.

3 Likes

I like that idea having it mixed in with the regular chat and have the icon to toggle it on/off I really like that one :D!

BTW, twice (!) recently I posted variations, absentmindedly, in the regular chat, that were meant to be loggend in the Malkovich log :confused: in ranked games :blush:

Ouch :frowning: I just used malkovich for the first time today its a lot of fun but it really hurts your concentration >.<

Too bad you didn’t do that in our game!!! :frowning:

1 Like

You meant my involuntary “public” Malkovich, @ob3lix? :smiley: Don’t worry, I’m known being able to play unexpected stupid moves at all times through the game, there’s still enough chance that either such a blunder happens or any other :smiley:

1 Like

I’m just co-signing this feature request. Today I finished a game and my opponent was courteous enough to let me know he’d used the Malkovich log, and I got some good insight from his comments, but I never would have thought to look if he hadn’t said so. Now I wonder if I’ve missed other Malkovich commentary in my past games! It would be great if the icon lit up or a notice was posted in regular chat when the game concluded, so the players could go look.

5 Likes

That cost me a few games early on.

1 Like

Consider voting for this feature at https://ogs.uservoice.com/forums/277766-online-go-com-suggestions-and-feature-requests/suggestions/9430953-visual-indication-that-malkovich-log-is-not-empty

1 Like

AGREE! It’s a very good tool and idea, but there needs to be a means of knowing it has been used, (like a post game notice/pop-up) other than having your opponent tell you