Menu glyph can be confusing next to the OGS logo

The only problem is that hamburger doesn’t really work in combination with the avatar, in the way that the down arrow does … maybe just put all the things under the down arrow on the right, get rid of hamburger…

I thought the whole problem with the hamburger menu was that people weren’t used to seeing it on the left and so it blended in with the logo… What’s the problem with having it on the right?

2 Likes

Exactly. People expect the hamburger menu to be on the right.

2 Likes

Is avatar+hamburger a thing? avatar-with-downarrow means “look here for account related stuff” … (which interestingly is not what’s over there right now.!)

I would expect a full system menu, such as we’re proposing, to be under a hamburger or a cog. Drop down carrot menus, in my experience, are for a couple settings at most (as it is currently used for) and IMO would be out of place for the purpose of the site’s full settings and nav tree.

3 Likes

I was a bit slow on the uptake there, but the penny dropped now - in fact opuss’s suggestion seems right: make it consistent with the forum … and I’d put account things under the avatar, like log out, while we’re at it…

5 Likes

Yes please.