Minor graphics bug, tiny black/white lines

When replaying games I see these little tick marks where pieces are going to be played

I’m using Google Chrome 57.0.2987.133 on Mac OSX Sierra.

1 Like

I noticed this as well. It had happened before and Anoek fixed it, but seems to be back again.

Tracking in https://github.com/online-go/online-go.com/issues/232

1 Like

I am aware this is an old topic, but I wanted to add a detail which is happening in my case. I use the site on two different computers depending which I am using at the moment. The desktop computer with updated Chrome browser, as well as Edge browser shows these white/black lines after hovering over the intersections. What is strange is that the laptop with the same updated browser does not show these lines. I cannot determine what settings if any are always making them appear on one but not on the other.

3 Likes

Want to give an update to anyone who knows how the site coding works. While using either Microsoft Edge or Chrome (In my case I use Chrome) the lines begin appearing or disappearing depending on what website “Zoom” value is selected. When I am looking at the board and move the stone around while the Zoom is set to 100% the lines appear. The lines are black or white depending on what stone you are hovering over the board. As you change the Zoom value to higher or lower the lines disappear. I have not figured out which values make them appear, but it seems when the Zoom is lower the lines do NOT appear. The more you try to “Zoom in” the lines become more clear. Also the resolution of the stones graphic starts to look like it is less and less in resolution. When you “Zoom out” the resolution of the stones becomes higher making everything appear nicer.

The text on the site changes in accordance to the zoom value. However the board keeps resizing to fit the screen and seems to change to make stones look worse in higher zoom.

To me it seems the lines appear because the thickness of the lines on the board changes.